21f Online Learning
The State of Michigan, under Section 21f of the State School Aid Act, has launched the choice for parents to request that their student(s), in grades 5-12, be enrolled in no more than two (2) online courses in place of a currently scheduled course.Tri County Area Schools supports online learning and as a district; we pride ourselves on innovative uses of technology to support learning. Keeping in line with our districts motto of helping every child achieve their best future, our goal is for academic accomplishment and student growth. We do, however, encourage parents to consider carefully if a 100% online course is ideal for their child given the fact that they will be forfeiting face-to-face interaction with a teacher.
Parents should carefully consider the unique qualities of their child when deciding if an online class is right for him/her. These factors include:
Can your student self-advocate to seek help within a virtual setting?
Can your student create and maintain a study schedule without the face-to-face instruction of a teacher?
Does your student possess independent study habits needed to complete an entire course online without direct supervision?
Does your student have the reading, writing, math and computer literacy skills to succeed in a class that is completely online?
Prerequisite: Permission of Counselor
Course Description:An interactive teacher directed internet connected learning environment, in which pupils are separated from their teachers by time/location. Beginning the 2015-16 school year, all 21F courses will be granted a letter grade.
Ground Hog Shadow Day - for Businesses
If you are an area business that would like to host High School students for a job shadowing experience.
Ground Hog Shadow Day - for Students
For students interested in participating in a job shadowing experience, click here.
Opens December 1
DIY Job Shadow
Health Immersion (for seniors only)
Parents as Career Coaches
MiCareer Quest - April 24, 2019
(all TCMS 8th-grade students will attend)
O-Net OnLine - This site has detailed descriptions of the world of work for job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more!
My Next Move - Answer questions about the type of work you might enjoy. The site will suggest careers that match your interests and training.
Gladeo - Find your dream career by answering questions to help you explore your interests, strengths, and personality type to find a career that matches you!
Career OneStop - A career, training, and job search website for the US Department of Labor. The website serves job seekers, businesses, students, and career advisors with a variety of free online tools, information, and resources.
K-12 - Have fun exploring careers, play some games and do some research while learning about Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) information and statistics.
Career Technical Centers
NCRESA offers our students afternoon classes ranging from Arts & Communication, to Cosmetology to Mechatronics or Welding! Bussing is provided, leaving TCHS at 11:25 am and arriving back on campus at 3:10 pm. Students must make arrangements for a ride home from the high school as this program arrives back to TCHS too late for our students to utilize our district bus program.
KCTC is located on East Beltline in Grand Rapids and offers a morning session in many different areas. Students are provided transportation from the high school (6:00 am departure time) to KCTC and back again.
College Entrance Info
Financial Aid Information
Post Secondary Education Opportunities
The Michigan Transfer Agreement was designed to facilitate the transfer of general education requirements from one institution to another. Students may complete the MTA as part of an associates' degree or as a stand-alone package at a Michigan Community College.
Starting in the 10th grade, students will work towards successfully completing at least 30 credits of coursework in six defined areas with at least a grade of a 2.0 in each.
When coursework requirements for meeting the MTA have been completed, the student may request that their transcript is posted MTA satisfied and must send an official copy to the four-year institution. Click here to see the list of institutions.
College Course Transfer Equivalencies
Family Health Care - Child & Adolescent Health Center
11 N. Maple Street in Grant
Scholarship Search Engines:
We recommend you only use free college scholarship search tools.
*Students! Be sure to Connect to Mrs. Renner if you open an account so we can help you if you need it!*
This link includes fact sheets and forms for programs such as Tuition Incentive Program (TIP), Children of Veterans Tuition Grant, Fostering Futures Scholarship, Michigan Competitive Scholarship, as well as many others.
November Scholarship Deadlines:
The Elks Most Valuable Student Scholarship - Deadline is November 15, 2018
December Scholarship Deadlines:
The Elks Association Gold Key Scholarship - Deadline is February 1, 2019
January Scholarship Deadlines:
Grand Rapids Community Foundation Scholarships - Scholarship $ varies - Deadlines are March 1, 2019
Several scholarships are included in the GRCF application. Many are for students living in Kent County; however, some also include students living in other counties such as Montcalm and Newaygo. It includes a scholarship application for employees and dependents of Meijer as well. Available to students beginning in Jan of their senior year.
American Legion Dept of MI Scholarships - $500 - $18,000 - Deadlines vary
Scholarships are awarded based on various criteria outlined on the website. Included scholarships are:
- Boys State Samsung Scholarship
- Baseball Scholarships
- William D & Jewell Brewer Scholarship
- Oratorical Contest Scholarship
- Eagle Scout of the Year Scholarship
- Student Trooper Scholarship
- Guy M Wilson Scholarship
Lake Michigan Credit Union/Hutt Scholarship - $2000 (10 available) Deadline _______
- All senior high school students are eligible for the program (except for LMCU employees, children of LMCU employees, directors or officers). All applicants must be a resident of Michigan or Florida, or a member of Lake Michigan Credit Union, or the child of a Lake Michigan Credit Union member (i.e. a student in Texas must be a member/child of a member to be eligible). Students must plan to enter a trade school, college or university in the next academic year. Recipients must submit evidence of acceptance and enrollment in an accredited trade school, college or university before payment will be made.
February Scholarship Deadlines:
The Elks National Foundation Legacy Award Scholarship - Deadline is February 1, 2019
American Farmers Grow Ag Scholarship - $1500 (352 available) - Deadline is _______
America’s Farmers Grow Ag Leaders, sponsored by the Monsanto Fund, partners with farmers to award rural youth $1,500 scholarships to support their studies in ag-related fields after high school. Farmers play a fundamental role in Grow Ag Leaders by promoting the opportunity to local students and endorsing applications. This year, more than a half-million dollars in scholarships are available to high school seniors and college students in rural communities across the country. Grow Ag Leaders scholarships are available in a variety of fields including farming, agronomy, education, science, technology, business, communications and more.
CMU - Lem Tucker Scholarship - Deadline February 9, 2019
March Scholarship Deadlines:
GRBS Scholarship - $1000 - Deadline March 4, 2019
- Available through the counseling office Jan-Mar of your senior year.
Harry E. Tope Memorial Aviation Scholarship Fund - $3000 - Deadline _______
- The student must be interested in advancing their education in the field of aviation or be interested in advancing their career skills in the field of aviation. The student must also be a resident of the Mid-Michigan Area (Isabella County, Gratiot County, Mecosta County, Clare County, Midland County or Montcalm County).
Phi Delta Kappa Scholarship - Deadline is _______
Herbert H Lueth Scholarship - $1000 (five available) - Deadline _______
- Open to HS seniors that are employees or dependents of an employee of Medler Electric Co.
Grand Rapids Community College Scholarship - Scholarship $ varies - Deadline _______
- Open to high school senior during the winter of their senior year.
Michael W Jonkman Theatre Scholarship - Deadline is _______
TCEA Scholarship - Deadline _______
Flat River Community Players’ Scholarship - $500 - Deadline is _______
- Open to high school or college students that plan on being involved in theatre during college. Available to students Jan-Mar of their senior year.
Spectrum Health United and Kelsey Hospitals Scholarship - Deadline is _______
West Michigan Counseling Scholarship - Deadline is _______
Jim Just Howard City VFW Scholarship - $1000
- Open to TCHS seniors and includes a 500-word essay. The application will be available to students Mar-Apr of their senior year.
Stanley & Blanche Ash Scholarship Application - Deadline is _______
Students planning to attend Montcalm Community College must apply directly to MCC for the scholarship. Students planning to attend any other community college or 4-year college/university should turn their applications into the Tri County High School office.
Community First Federal Credit Union Scholarship - Deadline is _______
- Must be current, active member of Community 1st Credit Union.
- Must be a current high school senior. Must plan to enroll in the full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school for the entire 2017-2018 academic year. Must have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
ChoiceOne Bank Scholarship - Deadline is _______
April Scholarship Deadlines:
Grand Rapids Foundation - Deadline is _______
Michigan Retailers Association Scholarship - Deadline is _______
Independent Bank of West MI Scholarship - $1000 - Deadline is _______
- Open to high school seniors at TCHS and must include a 250-word essay. An application will be available to students Mar-Apr of their senior year.
Donald Vandenbos Sr Scholarship - $1000 (two available) - Deadline is _______
- Applicants must be a high school senior. Preference will be given to graduates from educational institutions in the greater Montcalm County area. Applicants must be in or entering a field of study of conservation, wildlife, fisheries, or natural resources.
The Region 9 MEA-Retired Chapter Scholarship - Deadline is _______
Northern Rocket Football League Scholarship - Deadline is _______
9 & 10 News' Future Leader's Scholarship Competition - _______
Cornerstone University Business Camp - August 1-3, 2018